Thursday, December 30, 2010

Volontaires de Bretons part two


The figures are all Foundry (I think!) and prussian to boot! I could not find any French figures that really captured the look I was after and these seemd to fit the bill! The WAS is a side project to my 7YW and WSS French Armies.





Like all of my light regiments I have added a mule train instead of a wagon, I am yet to paint a colonel for the regiment and i will seek out a suitable figure that I can convert to suit.


I will also add some horse holders and maybe some skirmisher hussars and a swede 6pdr.







The research for these guys has taken a while, the figures have been complete since November and have already had thier first action clashing with bruce's Prussian 5th hussars in some orchards.



cheers
matt

5 comments:

abdul666 said...

A *great* rendition of a very original unit! Compliments!

I know it would not be 'historically accurate', but what about a vivandiere :)

Best wishes,
Jean-Louis

Paul´s Bods said...

Great looking unit!
Happy new year
Paul

Giles said...

Matt, they look fantastic. Excellent work.

Best wishes

Giles

Vinnie said...

Nice work Matt. Tried to catch up with you while I was at home for Christmas but missed you. Will have to chat in late feb when I return.

Cheers

Vinnie

Unlucky General said...

Ripping unit Matt. I'm back in on-line business once more and actching up with all the blogs I follow. Good posting.