Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lots of Work In Progress

Well, finally my orders have started to roll in, started on some British Line and more provincials, rangers and more Indians.

My British are first corps figs and they look ideal for the FIW, I have six batns of these guys, not to much detail either lace wise so they will be quick to paint, No drummers though so I needed to order some with my second Front Rank Order, One battalion of 30 has almost been finnished (minus Grenadiers who will also be in the second FR order)I have also started some Conquest Rangers, these guys will be a mixture of uniforms so i can use them for a bit of everything from militia, rangers, farmers etc, the Conquest Indians are almost ready to ink and then complete (after painting tribal tattoos, warpaint and beading), the remaining three battns of Eureka figs also are awaiting a lick of paint along with all of my Front Rank French which have arrived and I cannot wait to get a brush to them.

here are some progress and workbench shots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket



cheers
matt

7 comments:

Vinnie said...

Fine and Dandy indeed Matty. Figures are looking good. Sorry I can not get down to the ACW games but will be down for MOAB.

Vinnie

Steve said...

Nice work - one question, the British in the 100_2025 picture have been inked - what method/material do you use - it's a very nice effect...

Matt (aka bluewillow) said...

I use the base colour paint, red unifoorm and yellow facings as pictured, I than inkwash it with Windsor and Newton "peat" ink blend, than hifh light the model with either the original colour or a lighter shade, very quick and effective (more so than dry brushing). I wil do a tutorial in a few days for you.

cheers
matt

Steve said...

aha - no - I'm a W&N user already - albeit plain black only at the moment... you're right about it being quicker than drybrushing... do you dilute the peat or use it straight from the bottle??

Matt (aka bluewillow) said...

Yes I dilute it about 75% with a flow medium / extender (jo sonja I think),takes a while to dry, but seems to flow well into the creases well, excellent to work with also, brushes wash out in water too. I also use GW inkwashs for targeted painting too.

cheers
matt

Adik said...

Hi Matt,

excellent job, congratulations! I would appreciate very much if you posted the tutorial you mentioned, when you have time. I use the "miracle dip" technique, with Minwax Polyshade (the 'satin tudor' type.) It's fine with me, but I am curious about ink washing. i tried once, without much success, and I stayed away from it since. I'd like to explore this option again.
Again, thanks and my sincerest bravo!
Adik

Bluewillow said...

Adik,

I will do a step by step for you when I get some time.

cheers
Matt