Monday, April 14, 2008

Carillon (Ticonderoga) 250th Anniversary

Well the anniversary of the battle of Carillon/Ticonderoga is coming up this year and a group of us are conducting a demonstration game on the October long weekend in Sydney at the Mother Of All Battles Convention.

We are currently in the early stages of planning and painting of the troops involved, I have started with my colonial regiments and finished one of the five I intend to have on the table, I also have started my Conquest Indians and colonial rangers, soon my French will hit the table, (along with a few new British and French that have just been ordered). I have started sketches of what the table layout will be, and started thinking about the multi function table layout.

The first day we intend to conduct the landing phase and the early skirmishes before we setup the assault on the heights and trenches of Carillon on the second day. The first day we will use Brother against Brother rules and on the second day British Grenadier rules, hopefully we will get the results we are after.

I hope to post my first unit of Indians this week.

Cheers
matt

No comments: